Brigitte Bardot makeup

Wednesday, February 6, 2013







Ok so I put my spiel in the middle of this post for literally no reason other than that I'm hoping it will create enough space between the photos of Brigitte and the photos of me to where you can't actually see both at the same time. I'm crying. Anyways. If you haven't at least fantasized about what it would be like to be Brigitte Bardot for a day at some point in your existence then I can think of but one logical explanation, being that you don't know who she is. If thats the case, she's worth a google (and then probably a cold shower). Brigitte was one of the biggest sex symbols of the 1950s and 60s, for obvious reasons. Her heavy black smokey eye and defined nude lip makeup combo is incredibly iconic and not very difficult to do. Originally I tried to make a video how-to because this would be easier to explain that way, but I never adjusted to the reverse-mirror image camera thing and kept making bad jokes/weird nervous sounds with my mouth when I didn't know what to say. Step by step it is. 




1. Using a black eyeliner, line your top lash line from the inner to outer corner. When you get to the outer corner, draw a line extending about halfway up your outer crease, and then draw another line to connect that line back down to the middle of your lash line. You should have like, a little isosceles triangle in the outer corner of your eye. Color in that triangle area with your black liner. (I used Smolder by M.A.C)
2. If step one made no sense to you at all, just do a super thick cat eye for virtually the same effect.
3. Using the same liner from step one, line your lower lash line.
4. Using a black eyeshadow and a soft eyeliner brush, go over your top and bottom eyeliner to create a smokey effect. (I used Black Tied by M.A.C)
5. Apply mascara. (I used Maybelline "The Falsies")
6. Using a nude or tan lip liner, line your lips all the way around, making sure to capitalize on your arches and the middle of your bottom lip for added fullness. (I used Naked by Urban Decay)
7. Apply a nude lipstick (I used Glaze by M.A.C)
8. Go stop traffic


No comments:

Post a Comment