Saturday, April 19, 2014

I have been having some issues recently with this blog regarding plagiarism.
I've seen people directly quote Bohemian Genesis on their social media sites like the words were their own;
I have even seen people who have copied and pasted my blog posts into their blog as if they were the author.
I didn't think things like that actually happened.
There is good and bad to this.
The bad is obvious. It is not a great feeling to see the words and ideas that I take hours to put together under someone else's name.
But I can also see that what I am doing here has inspired people, and there is no greater feeling than that.
This is not meant to be a negative post. 
On the contrary, I am mentioning these events because I want to use them to talk about how to channel inspiration--
It is everywhere.
I myself am constantly being inspired by art, photographs, people, music, even other literature. 
But it is what you do with that inspiration that separates ingenuity from unoriginality.
What is there to be gained from stealing someone else's work? Can you even feel good or accomplished about that?
If you want to be a writer, be a writer. Turn your ideas into words.
If you want to be an artist, be an artist. Make your unique visions into art.
Consider this: Every single thing that can be thought, imagined, or created is floating around in the universe somewhere, just waiting for someone to catch it like a falling star and make it their own; to nurture and expand on it.
There are thoughts out there that haven't even been tapped into yet... there are ideas with unscratched surfaces.
Often times the subjects for my blog posts begin as mere seeds. 
It is not until I start writing that I am able to expound on my ideas, uncover new ones, and put everything together in an eloquent format. 
The process helps me to discover new things about myself and about my surroundings. It is refreshing.
There will always be times when you will want to quote someone else because you feel like they effectively said what you are trying to say. 
That is great, quote them. But give them credit. 
Everyone loves to see that their work is being consumed and appreciated by others.

Uniqueness is a quality that not many people strive to maintain anymore. I cannot understand why.
There is nothing more beautiful than being yourself. You are the only you on this planet. 
You aren't one in a million.
You are one in seven billion.
Use that. Be the best you that you can possibly be.

"The strongest force in the universe is a human being living consistently with his own identity." -Tony Robbins


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment